To properly take care of your eyes you need to know now that it is a 24/7 job! The simplest activities can make a big different and you will notice these at your annual eyes exams. Below are a few of the daily eye care tips that will aid in preventing your eyes years to come:
- Sunglasses: Sun damage should be taken seriously because the damage that the sun can cause to your eyes is serious. Always wear eyeglasses and sunglasses with 100% UV protection.
- Don’t ignore headaches. Don’t assume that headache is something rest can fix. If you get headaches often enough you need to check with your eye doctor. These frequent headaches can be a sign of an eye health issue.
- Tears can be a good thing. Don’t ignore your dry, itchy eyes due to allergies, the environment, medications, and aged tear ducts. Artificial tears, eye drops, are great for giving your irritated eyes the moisture they need!
- Don’t be afraid to blink. No worries if you loose a starting contest! Give your eyes a break and remember to blink to prevent fatigued eyes.
- Safety first. If you think you should be wearing safety glasses, put them on.
- Supercharge your eyes. Diets rich in Vitamin A keep eyes healthy and sparkling. So eat lots of carrots, dark leafy greens or sweet potatoes.
- Give ’em a rest. Reduce computer-related eyestrain with the 20-20-20 rule: Every 20 minutes, look about 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
- Sleep on it! Sleep is the most natural form of eye care. Lack of sleep can lead to increased strain and make your eyes look unhealthy causing those awful dark circles or bags.