When following the proper care and wearing insturction, contact lenses are one of the safest forms of vision correction.
Q Optical wants to educated people that use contact lenses so eye remain healthy. By knowing this basic contact lens care you can protect your eyes from harm!
- Always wash and dry your hands before handling contact lenses.
- Follow your prescribed lens replacement schedule. Do not stretch this schedule. If you don’t know your schedule contact your Eye Doctor.
- Replace the contact lens case at least every three months. Daily rinsing with solution and air-dry keeps daily bacteria and germs from formulating. Even if you properly follow cleaning instructions, bacteria will find a way to grow. The best defense is to replace your case on schedule. (If you need a case, stop in and ask Q Optical.)
- After EACH use, clean, rinse, and disinfect your contact lenses. Only use the products recommended by your eye doctor to clean and disinfect your lenses.
- Pay attention to expiration dates on the bottle. Never use solution past date.
- Never add (top-off) solution to old solution. Only use fresh solution to clean and store contacts lenses. Do not use solution from the night before – it does not work. Ask your doctor.
- Remove contact lenses before swimming, entering a hot tub, or sleeping.
- If you wear eye makeup, put in your contact lenses BEFORE applying your makeup.
- If you experience end-of-day dryness, try using a re-wetting drop ment for contact lenes. Do NOT use Visine as they are often not designed for contact lens wear.
- See your Q Optical for your regularly scheduled contact lens and eye exams. Book your appointment with us online now!
- Finally, if you ever experience redness, pain or irritation with the contact lenses, TAKE THEM OUT AND CALL YOUR EYE DOCTOR!!!
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Q Optical . We are here to help you.