The spring weather is upon us here in Boston and the sun is shining. Your eyes are the most important and vital organs so protect them! Here at Q Optical we have come up with 5 reasons why you should wear sunglasses!
- Avoid sunburn to your eyes, yes, it is possible to sunburn your eyes. Doing so can result in redness, irritation, and a gritty feeling similar to sand in the eyes.
- Maintaining long-term eye health. Overexposure to UV rays can lead to cataracts and glaucoma. When deciding on sunglasses try to choose a pair that screen out 75 to 90 percent of light and block at least 95 percent of UVA and 99 percent UVB radiation.
- Sunglasses keep you from squinting, and squinting can increase the wrinkles around your eyes to prevent wrinkles before they start.
- Avoiding skin cancer. Sunglasses shield you from potential skin cancer of the eyelids. The sun is even stronger in early morning and late afternoon.
- Looking good. What other reason do you need?
Stop by Q Optical Shop on Newbury Street in Boston’s Back Bay to shop our sunglasses and frames for the summer season!